a new look to floor their audience
With a strong reputation for excellence, Glennon Tiles proudly supply high quality tile products, sourced from around the world. Offering an extensive range of indoor and outdoor floor and wall tiles, their highly experienced team of in-house experts are on-hand to ensure the tile selection process is effortless – and perfectly tailored to the needs of their clients.
Having worked across many commercial sites, including several Australian icons, Glennon Tiles has the expertise and products to meet compliance standards for technical constructions, including for the aged care sector, education, hospitality, amenities and all types of retail outlets.
A leading supplier of tiles from all around the globe, Glennon Tiles came to Orion in need of a high quality rebrand – specifically a logo redesign, modernised marketing collateral and a vibrant new website – to match the high quality of their products.
Revitalising the company logo
The client didn’t want to depart completely from their existing logo, and wanted to be able to look at the old logo and the new one and see an evolution of their brand. Our design team reinterpreted the square visual icon and transformed it into a simpler form that represented tile forms which stylistically forms the letter ‘G’. The colours were also simplified from a gradient effect into a minimal one colour application. The font weight was also thinner and more uniform – the result was a refreshingly modern and memorable new logo, which the client loved.
Creating a vibrant new website
The new website needed to complement the direction of the modernised brand with the new logo, colours and icon library. The team worked together to rejuvenate the client’s outdated website which looked tired, had multiple page-loading time issues, wasn’t mobile-optimised, and was not overly intuitive in terms of page layouts and content flow. The result is a brand new website that is now far easier for the client to feature their collections, and for site users to get to what they’re looking for quickly.
Some of the features include:
- A handy selector where users can easily select products based on their slip rating – an important feature when deciding an appropriate product for end-users.
- Custom-built filter sidebar to make sorting through the hundreds of different tile options much easier for builders and designers to access what they’re looking for quickly. With all this tagged information, this enabled us to show ‘Related Products’ (in the same colour range), and ‘More from this collection’ (other colours in the same collection).
- A dedicated page for their signature range highlighting its modular tile system, features, swatch size and colour availability.
- A video animation demonstrating how all tiles in this range can work together to create a clean, uniform aesthetic.
- Lead capture forms when accessing technical specifications to build upon their customer database.
- Prominent Call to Action buttons for customers to quickly make an enquiry or request a tile sample.
“We have had amazing responses from the website, in both looks and functionality. Customers find it much more appealing and easier to navigate. Its been great having a page solely dedicated to our signature Bauhaus range which is the one we like to promote the most.”glennon tiles
Overall, the new site looks more professional, is more visual, more consistent, and easier to navigate. Looking at recent user analytics, the new site has a dramatically reduced bounce-rate down to only 40%, which is well below the industry average. Time-on-site has risen significantly up to an average of 3 minutes 15 seconds (from under just over a minute in 2019) – which means that visitors are engaging well with the new content and finding what they are looking for on site.
“Orion have been fantastic to work with. Response rates are terrific and very reliable! I appreciate all their hard work and efforts in helping us put our visions together and it has been well worth it considering the feedback we have received from customers and also our staff.”Madie Hamilton, Operational Team Leader
glennon architectural tiles